Monday, April 2, 2012

Race Registration -- The Most Important Race

In the Cat 4 and Cat 3 races, there are far more racers than will fit in a given race, so for very popular races, like the Poolesville Road Race, you have to be poised to register on bikereg.com the minute the registration opens on line. So at 7:45pm tonight I was on the computer. I have my and Jake's license information pre-enter into my profile, and I signed-in in advance. Starting at what my computer said was 7:58, I started hitting refresh on my browser. At 8pm when I hit refresh the magic boxes showed up that I could click. I hit Cat 4, continue, when chose Jake from the list (he gets in first), continue, register another rider, Cat 4 again, chose my profile, then hit check out with paypal. By 8:02 we were in. And guess what, there were already 20 others (75 max in the race). 10 minutes later it was at 50.

File under elite soigneur/team management skills

1 comment:

  1. This is why you make such a good proxy yarn stalker for me :)

    ReplyDelete